Radio was not the plan. I was supposed to be an engineer. Dad was an engineer, Grandpa was an engineer… You see the pattern? But showing up at KRZR at 4:00AM on a Thursday seemed like fun. Becoming a professional goof-off won out over math and effort.
20 years later and coffee, loud music, and not taking myself too seriously still get me through the day.
I’ve transitioned from being recognized as the leading truant in Central California to volunteering for the Central California A.I.D.S. Foundation to accounting, construction management, and chauffeuring dead bodies. I’ve also set tile, done building inspections, and started a family.
Throughout it all I’ve kept one foot in the radio industry.
In 2010, I was invited to contribute to the Chris Daniel Show at News/Talk 580 & 105.9 KMJ.
I’m a regular guest lecturer, talking to Valley High School & College students about the role of media in government & civics, and I’m an advocate for Toys for Tots, the Community Food Bank of Central California, and the Central California Blood Center.
In 2017 I joined the Cumulus Media Engineering Department, and I’ve been branching out from my comfort zone in I.T. to learn about the actual Radio side of the business.
News/Talk 580 & 105.9 KMJ
Cumulus Media Fresno
Sep 2010 – Present
- I produce and co-host a four hour daily talk show on Central California’s 96 Years strong, 50,000 watt News/Talk station.
- I also host a weekly solo show and assist with Breaking News & Special Programming as needed.
- Recent Numbers: #1 P12+, #3 P25-54 (#2 English), #1 P35-64
Assistant Program Director / Midday
95.7 The Fox - KJFX
Wilks Broadcasting Fresno
Apr 2007 – Jan 2010
- I hosted the midday show on Fresno’s Heritage Classic Rock Monster.
- I was also batting clean-up for a great PD and helping with promotions, engineering, and Special Programming & Events.
- Average Numbers: #3 P25-54, #2 P35+
AM Drive Producer / Midday
103.7 KRZR “The Wild Hare”
Apr 1997 – Apr 2001
- First radio job, and I was all over the map here, from intern in April of '97 to Morning Show Producer & Midday Host in January of '01
- Between interning and hosting the most widely broadcast midday show in Central California, I did a little of everything (including getting fired for six months).
- Numbers: Good (great in-demo), but I don’t remember specifics and being 16+ years ago it doesn’t matter anymore…
For an overview of other positions click HERE
Drop me a line, let me know what I can do for you. I don’t share or sell any information, so if we can’t make a deal, you’ll at least have the assurance that I don’t have a Constant Contact account to feed.
And if you’re a Program Director looking for a fill-in host, please give me at least a day’s notice: I’m willing to jump through a few hoops, but neither of us want me to sound like an idiot.